- 40g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and corn
- 1/4 cup fried shallots (see note)
- Step 1Melt butter in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add rice, bay leaves and chicken stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Step 2Add peas and corn. Remove from heat. Cover, set aside for 10 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Fluff rice with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with fried shallots.
Serves 6 as a side.
Fried shallots can be found in the Asian food aisle of major supermarkets. They are sometimes labelled fried onions.
- Author: Michelle Noerianto
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas