- 1/3 cup plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 500g pork leg steaks, thinly sliced
- 350g fresh chow mein noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large carrot, peeled, halved lengthways, sliced diagonally
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- Step 1Combine plum sauce, stock and Chinese five spice in a bowl. Place pork in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add half the sauce mixture. Stir to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour, if time permits.
- Step 2Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 to 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Using a fork, separate noodles.
- Step 3Heat a wok over high heat. Add half the oil. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry pork, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until just cooked. Transfer to a bowl. Wipe wok clean with paper towel.
- Step 4Add remaining oil to wok over high heat. Swirl to coat. Add onion. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until onion has softened. Add carrot and beans. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Return pork to wok. Add noodles and remaining sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated through.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas