- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 350g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1cm pieces
- 200g broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
- 1 small (250g) eggplant, diced
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 500g white fish fillets, cut into large pieces
- 1 small white bread stick, sliced, toasted
- Step 1Heat a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Lightly spray with oil. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Step 2Add sweet potato. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add zucchini, broccoli, eggplant, tomatoes and 1/4 cup oregano. Bring to boil.
- Step 3Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until sweet potato is tender. Stir in fish. Simmer, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Step 4Sprinkle with remaining oregano. Serve casserole with toasted bread.
- Diabetes friendly
- High protein
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Veronica Cuskelly
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas