- 1/2 lemon
- 4 (about 150g each) white fish fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 30g butter
- 150g (1 cup) quinoa
- 1 large zucchini, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 300g (2 cups) frozen broad beans, just thawed, peeled
- 50g semi-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Step 1Use a zester, or a vegetable peeler and a sharp knife, to cut the lemon rind into strips.
- Step 2Season the fish with salt and pepper. Heat the oil and half the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the fish for 1 minute each side or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Step 3Reduce heat to medium and heat the remaining butter in the pan. Cook the quinoa, zucchini, onion and garlic, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Stir in the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until almost all the stock is absorbed. Stir in broad beans.
- Step 4Reduce heat to low. Place the fish on top of quinoa mixture and pour over any pan juices. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the fish is just cooked through. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes to rest.
- Step 5Use a fork to fluff up the quinoa. Divide the quinoa mixture and fish among serving plates. Top with the semi-dried tomato, pine nuts and lemon rind.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kathy Knudsen
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Australian Good Taste