- 270ml can coconut cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or palm sugar
- 500g perch fillets (or any firm, white-fleshed fish), cubed
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 230g can bamboo shoots, thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- jasmine rice, to serve
- Step 1Heat coconut cream in a wok over medium heat, stirring, for 8 minutes or until oil and cream separate. Add curry paste and cook a further 2 minutes.
- Step 2Slowly stir in coconut milk, fish sauce and sugar. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until green oil comes to the surface.
- Step 3Add fish, lime leaves and bamboo shoots. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir through lime juice. Serve topped with coriander leaves over jasmine rice.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
Note: You’ll recognise kaffir lime leaves by their twin leaf. Look for them in the fresh produce section of the supermarket.
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas