- 600g barramundi fillets, roughly chopped
- 100ml fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 eggs
- 70g green beans, trimmed, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, seeds removed, diced
- 4 small red chillies
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, trimmed, chopped
- 2 cups cooked cold brown rice
- Fresh coriander, optional
- Step 1Place barramundi, 2 tablespoons lime juice, red curry paste and 1 egg in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Transfer to mixing bowl, season and fold through beans.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large heavy-based frypan over a moderately high heat. Shape tablespoons of the mixture into patties, and fry for about 3 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Step 3Place carrot, cucumber and chillies into a bowl. Warm the lime juice, sugar and fish sauce in a small saucepan until sugar dissolves. Pour over carrot mixture. Set aside to cool.
- Step 4Heat butter in a wok over a moderately high heat. Stir-fry bok choy for 1-2 minutes or until just tender. Stir in remaining egg and toss over the heat. Add rice and cook for 3-4 minutes or until warmed through.
- Step 5Season to taste. Serve rice with fish cakes and pickles. Garnish with fresh coriander, if desired.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Noerianto
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Fresh Living