- 100g dried apricots
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 600g skinless mahi mahi or swordfish fillets, cut into 2-3cm cubes
- 8 green prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- 1 cup (200g) couscous
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 lemon wedges
- Step 1Place apricots in a small bowl, cover with 200ml boiling water, then stand for 30 minutes to soak.
- Step 2Place tomatoes in a pan over medium heat. Add cumin, turmeric, paprika and cinnamon. Season well. Add apricots and their soaking liquid, stir to combine, then bring to the boil over medium-high heat.
- Step 3Add the fish and prawns, then simmer gently over medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the broth is soupy and the fish and prawns are cooked through.
- Step 4Meanwhile, place couscous in a bowl and cover with 1 cup (250ml) boiling water. Cover with plastic wrap and stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Step 5Divide the seafood and soup among bowls, scatter with couscous and parsley, then serve with lemon wedges.
- Diabetes friendly
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jill Dupleix
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: Taste.com.au