- 1 sheet (25cm) frozen ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 slices prosciutto, coarsely torn
- 6 figs, cut into wedges
- 1/4 bunch watercress, sprigs picked
- 50g baby rocket leaves
- 100g goat’s curd
- 2 tablespoons toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Cut the pastry into quarters and place on the lined tray. Use a small, sharp knife to gently score a 1cm border around the edge of each pastry square. Use a fork to prick inside the pastry border. Lightly brush with egg. Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Use the back of a fork to press down the centre of each pastry case.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine the oil, vinegar, honey and mustard in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Loosely wrap a strip of prosciutto around each fig wedge. Place the watercress and rocket leaves in a large bowl. Drizzle with half the dressing and gently toss to combine. Divide the leaves evenly among each pastry case. Top with figs and dollop with a spoonful of goat’s curd. Drizzle with remaining dressing and sprinkle with hazelnuts. Serve immediately.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Chris Chen
- Publication: Notebook: