- 500g fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 (about 200g each) lamb eye of loin (backstraps)
- 1 x 280g btl chargrilled capsicum, drained, cut into thin strips
- 1 x 190g btl bought basil pesto
- Step 1Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Season lamb with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 2-3 minutes to rest.
- Step 3Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Diagonally slice lamb across the grain.
- Step 4Add the lamb, capsicum and pesto to the pasta and toss to combine.
Make it vegetarian: For a vegetarian twist, replace the lamb with 500g mushrooms, thickly sliced. Cook in the oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Australian Good Taste