- 2 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thick wedges
- 1 large zucchini
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup black olives
- 100g fetta, crumbled
- Step 1Preheat oven 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease a 3cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm from edge of pan.
- Step 2Cook rice according to packet directions. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside for 20 minutes or until cooled. Stir in parmesan and egg. Press rice mixture into base of prepared pan.
- Step 3Place sweet potato and onion in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Scatter potato mixture over rice base. Bake for 15 minutes or until onion is lightly browned. Remove from oven. Using a vegetable peeler, cut zucchini into ribbons. Top rice mixture with zucchini, tomato, olives and feta. Drizzle with remaining oil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Cut into thick slices. Serve.
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Lucia
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas