- 250g fettuccine
- 1 large (about 550g) eggplant
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, extra
- 1 200g pkt Australian feta, crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Continental parsley leaves, extra, to serve
- Step 1Cook the fettuccine in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions, or until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cut eggplant crossways into 2cm-thick slices then cut each slice into quarters. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add eggplant and cook, turning often, for 1-2 minutes or until it softens slightly. Add the stock and cook, turning the eggplant often, for 15-20 minutes or until the liquid evaporates and the eggplant is golden brown. Add the parsley and extra oil. Stir well to combine.
- Step 3Divide the pasta among serving bowls. Top with the eggplant and feta, and season with pepper. Serve sprinkled with extra parsley leaves.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jane Charlton
- Image credit: Con Poulos
- Publication: Australian Good Taste