- 2337 kj Energy
- 20g Fat Total
- 4g Saturated Fat
- 11g Fibre
- 41g Protein
- 709mg Sodium
- 10g Carbs (sugar)
- 46g Carbs (total)
Fast crispy fish tostadasPrint Recipe
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 600g flathead fillets (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning
- 2 corn cobs, husks and silks removed
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place tortillas on the lined tray. Spray with olive oil spray. Bake for 6-8 mins or until crisp.
Meanwhile, combine the fish and Mexican seasoning in a large bowl.
Heat a frying pan over high heat. Spray corn with oil. Cook, turning occasionally, for 8 mins or until tender and charred.
Transfer to a work surface. Use a sharp knife to run down the side of corn to remove the kernels. Place in a bowl with avocado, onion, coriander, chilli, if using, and lime juice. Season.
Heat the oil in the frying pan over medium heat. Add fish. Cook, turning, for 5-6 mins or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Coarsely flake fish.
Divide the tortillas among serving plates. Top tortillas evenly with the lettuce, carrot, fish and avocado salsa. Serve immediately.
Fish twist: Try this tasty meal with any firm fish fillets, such as basa or hoki, or swap for chicken breast tenders.