- 1 (about 550g) eggplant, cut into 2cm pieces
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Bertolli olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 200g Carb Options elbow pasta
- 500g Heart Smart lean beef mince
- 500g Raguletto Carb Options bolognaise pasta sauce
- 450g fresh ricotta
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (60g) finely grated parmesan Sliced tomatoes, to serve
- Mazzetti balsamic vinegar, to serve
- Fresh basil leaves, torn, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Place the eggplant on a greased baking tray. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the oil. Toss to coat well. Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly golden. Reduce oven to 180°C.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook the elbows according to packet instructions. Cook the mince in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over high heat. Stir in pasta sauce, elbows and eggplant. Spread over the base of a 2 litre ovenproof dish.
- Step 3Mix the ricotta, egg, parmesan, salt and pepper until well combined. Spread evenly over the mince mixture. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Step 4Preheat a grill to high. Grill for 3 minutes or until golden. Season the tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar . Serve with the pasta bake scattered with basil.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Gemma Purcell
- Image credit: Luke Burgess
- Publication: Fresh Living