- 2 rounds Lebanese bread
- 130g (1/2 cup) Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 12 (about 800g) Lebanese eggplant (see note), halved lengthways
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons harissa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 80ml (1/3 cup) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 120g pkt goat’s feta, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- Step 1Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Cook the bread, pressing down firmly, for 30 seconds each side, or until lightly charred. Tear the bread into pieces. Combine the yoghurt and paprika in a small bowl.
- Step 2Heat the oil in a large wok over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the eggplant for 7 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in the garlic for 1 minute or until aromatic. Stir in the harissa and cumin for 1 minute or until aromatic. Transfer to a bowl.
- Step 3Whisk the lemon juice, tomato paste and honey in a small bowl. Season. Pour over the eggplant mixture and toss to combine.
- Step 4Arrange the eggplant mixture, lettuce, feta, bread and mint on a platter. Serve with the yoghurt mixture.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
All nutrition values are per serve
If Lebanese eggplant is unavailable, use 800g eggplant.
- Author: Michelle Noerianto
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste