- 375g spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 4 bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- Step 1Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until al dente. Drain well.
- Step 2Meanwhile, add vinegar to a deep frying pan filled with water and bring to the boil over high heat. Crack 1 egg into a small cup. Use a large spoon to stir the water to create a whirlpool. Carefully slip egg into the centre of the whirlpool and poach for 1-2 minutes for a soft egg, or until cooked to your liking. Remove and set aside. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm and repeat with remaining eggs.
- Step 3Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until crisp. Remove from heat. Add the oil and chilli and stir to combine. Add the spaghetti, parsley and parmesan and gently toss to combine.
- Step 4Divide the pasta among serving bowls. Top with a poached egg and serve immediately.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Notebook: