- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1kg lamb leg steak or lamb rump steak, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 410g cans chopped tomatoes
- 600g kent pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 3cm pieces
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 200g green beans, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan or ovenproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add one-quarter of the lamb. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Remove to a bowl. Repeat with remaining oil and lamb, adding more oil if necessary.
- Step 2Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and pumpkin. Return lamb to pan. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil.
- Step 3Remove from heat. Cover and place in oven. Cook for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Add chickpeas and beans. Cook for a further 15 minutes or until beans are tender. Spoon into bowls. Sprinkle with coriander. Serve.
- High fibre
- High protein
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas