3707 kj Energy
72g Fat Total
21g Saturated Fat
12g Carbs (sugar)
29g Carbs (total)
Duck breast with soba noodles and mangoPrint Recipe
- 4 x 180g duck breast fillets (see note), skin scored
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 270g packet soba noodles
- 1/3 cup (80ml) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 mango, sliced
- 2 cups watercress sprigs
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Step 2Season the duck, then place, skin-side down, in a non-stick ovenproof frypan over low heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes until most of the fat has rendered and the skin is crisp. Turn, then brush skin with hoisin sauce. Transfer to the oven and bake for 6 minutes or until just cooked but still pink in the centre. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packet instructions, then drain. Whisk soy, oil, sugar and lime juice together to make a dressing, then toss half with the noodles.
- Step 4Thinly slice the duck and serve with the mango, watercress and noodles. Drizzle with the remaining dressing.Notes
Scoring the skin on duck breast fillets (available from poultry shops, butchers and selected supermarkets) helps to render the fat.
- Author: Valli Little & Phoebe Wood
- Image credit: Andy Lewis
- Publication: Taste.com.au