- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 zucchini, trimmed, grated
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 150g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 4 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease a 4cm deep, 20cm (base) square baking dish.
- Step 2Whisk eggs and oil together in a jug. Combine flour, cheese, carrot, zucchini, green onions, pumpkin, mushrooms and parsley in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Step 3Spoon vegetable mixture into prepared dish. Smooth surface. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and set. Stand for 10 minutes. Cut into squares. Serve hot or cold.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
You could use leftover cooked meat and vegetables in this recipe.
- Author: Dianne Thorgood, Woollongong NSW (reader recipe)
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas