- 2 teaspoons rice bran oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 175g Primo rindless shortcut bacon, thickly sliced (see note)
- 400g can mushrooms, drained
- 1 1/4 cups (50g) firmly packed baby spinach
- 8 eggs
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Softened butter, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a 22cm (base) heavy-based, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add champignons and 1 cup spinach. Stir to combine.
- Step 2Whisk eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over bacon mixture. Lift and tilt pan to distribute egg mixture. Top with tomato. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover pan tightly with foil. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until set and puffed. Set aside for 2 minutes. Loosen with a spatula. Slide onto a plate. Top with remaining spinach. Cut into wedges. Serve with crusty bread.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Take the bacon frozen and thaw it out in the esky.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas