- 375g dried wholemeal penne pasta
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 125g Primo 97% fat-free shaved leg ham, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 400g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup light cream for cooking
- 185ml can light and creamy evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, spray a large, deep non-stick frying-pan with oil. Place over medium-high heat. Add ham. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until golden. Add onion, mushroom and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until mushroom has softened.
- Step 3Add wine. Cook for 2 minutes or until wine has reduced by half. Add cream, milk and chicken stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce has slightly reduced. Place cornflour and 3 teaspoons cold water in a bowl. Stir until smooth. Add cornflour mixture to cream mixture. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Add pasta and parsley. Toss to combine. Serve.
- Diabetes friendly
- High fibre
- Low fat
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Merideth
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Super Food Ideas