Author Notes: After visiting the farmers market, I had more heirloom tomatoes & cantaloupe than I knew what to do with! I LOVE caprese salad & this is a delightful summer twist. It’s hearty enough to be a light evening meal but also pairs well with anything you’re grilling. Enjoy! —NashvilleFoodie
Delightful Caprese SaladPrint Recipe
- 2 heirloom tomatoes
- 8 pieces cantaloupe (sliced)
- 8 ounces buffalo mozzarella (2 pieces)
- 8 sprigs basil
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh chopped mint
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- Slice the cantaloupe in uniform, thin pieces that will stack easily with tomatoes & mozzarella.
- Stack 1 sliced cantaloupe piece & 1 sliced tomato on each plate. Top with a sprig of basil & 1 slice of mozzarella. Repeat.
- Drizzle with olive oil & balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with chopped mint, salt & pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
Leave a Reply