Makes: 15-20 bites
Unsalted, natural peanut butter or almond butter sea salt
cup dark chocolate chips
- Peel and slice bananas into 1-inch slices and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Gently spread a dab of peanut butter on top of each banana slice. Sprinkle tops with sea salt.
Melt 2/3 of the chocolate.
Microwave option: Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir chocolate well with a rubber spatula, then heat for another 30 seconds. Stir and repeat if necessary but stop microwaving before chocolate is completely melted. Stir until smooth.
Double-boiler options: Heat about an inch or so of water in a saucepan until it begins to simmer. Place a heat-proof bowl or pan over the saucepan. Add 2/3 of the chocolate and keep stirring with a rubber spatula until chocolate is almost fully melted. Take off heat.
- Quickly add remaining chocolate and stir so it’s smooth and shiny.
- Gently drizzle chocolate over the banana and peanut butter slices with a spoon. Keep stirring chocolate so it doesn’t harden. (Tip: make them look fancier by freezing the bananas for an hour first then using a fork to dip them in chocolate and completely cover, but I’m too lazy for that extra step!)
- Stick the baking sheet in the freezer and let chocolate harden for at least 1 hour. These are great for just grabbing a slice or two at a time for a quick pick-me-up!