- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons burghul (cracked wheat)
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 cleaned cuttlefish tubes (300g total), halved, scored (see note)
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Step 1Finely chop tomatoes, then scrape into a bowl with any juices, beans and burghul. Stir, then set aside for about 30 minutes for the burghul to soak up the tomato juices and soften.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. In 2 batches, cook cuttlefish, stirring, for 2 minutes until opaque and beginning to turn golden.
- Step 3Add the parsley, cucumber and lemon juice to the bean mixture and toss to combine. Add the cuttlefish and any pan juices and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Divide among plates and serve immediately.
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Cuttlefish is available from fishmongers.
- Author: Kate Nichols
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: delicious.