- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or coconut oil
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 coriander roots, scraped clean, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 400g pineapple, peeled, cored, chopped
- 24 peeled green prawns, tails intact
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Step 1Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the lemongrass, ginger and coriander root and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the curry powder. Cook for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Step 2Slowly whisk in the coconut milk. Reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Add the pineapple and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Step 3Stir in the prawns. Simmer for 2-4 minutes or until just cooked though. Stir in the sugar and fish sauce to season. Serve with the rice and top with the fresh coriander leaves.
- Low kilojoule
Swap the prawns for 500g chopped, trimmed chicken thigh fillets – simmer for 15 minutes or until cooked through, adding pineapple in the last 7 minutes of cooking.
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste Magazine