- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups dried red lentils
- 1.75kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed, and chopped
- 5 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- natural yoghurt, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes until soft. Stir in curry powder and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Step 2Add lentils, pumpkin, and stock. Stir until well-combined. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, partially covered, for about 20 minutes, stirring regularly until pumpkin is just tender.
- Step 3Serve immediately, topped with a dollop of natural yoghurt if desired.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Tracy Rutherford
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas