- 400g butternut pumpkin, deseeded, peeled
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 12 Heart Smart lamb cutlets
- 1 125g can Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup
- 160ml (2/3 cup) light coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 110g (2/3 cup) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Step 1Preheat oven to 230°C. Line a baking tray with foil. Cut the pumpkin into 1.5cm-thick wedges and place on the lined tray. Combine cumin and 2 teaspoons of the oil in a small bowl. Brush the pumpkin on both sides with the cumin mixture. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 10-15 seconds or until aromatic. Add the lamb cutlets and cook, turning once during cooking, for 2 minutes to seal. Add the tomato soup, coconut cream and water. Simmer, uncovered, over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 minutes. Add the peas. Cook for a further 2 minutes for lamb to be medium, or until cooked to your liking, and the sauce thickens slightly.
- Step 3Place 3 cutlets on each serving plate, spoon over sauce and serve with a pile of pumpkin wedges. Sprinkle with coriander leaves.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jane Charlton
- Image credit: Con Poulos
- Publication: Australian Good Taste