- 4 eggs
- 1 butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 telegraph cucumber, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup micro cress (see Notes)
- 150g Tamar Valley Dairy 99.85% Fat Free Natural Yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds (see Notes)
- Step 1Fill a small pan with hot water and add eggs. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 3-4 minutes until soft-boiled. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon, cool, then peel and quarter. Season and sprinkle with cayenne.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place yoghurt, curry powder and some salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir well to combine. Stir in oil and set aside.
- Step 3Divide lettuce among plates. Arrange the cucumber and the eggs on top and dollop over yoghurt dressing. Scatter with cress and nigella seeds and serve.
Micro cress is from growers’ markets and selected greengrocers.
Nigella seeds are available from Asian food shops.
- Author: Jill Dupleix
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Taste.com.au