Author Notes: These vegetarian spring rolls are similar to ones found in Vietnamese restaurants. They are light and fresh! —Small Footprints
Serves: appetizers for 4 people
Bundle of Cellophane Noodles
Rice Paper Wrappers
Cucumber, cut into thin sticks
Mint Leaves (to taste)
Basil Leaves (to taste)
Soy Sauce (to taste)
Rice Vinegar (to taste)
Chili Paste (to taste)
- Soak Cellophane Noodles in warm water for about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl of warm water, soak one wrapper until pliant (approximately 1 minute)
- Carefully lay wrapper on moist towel.
- Take 1/4 of the noodles and lay them on the wrapper close to the edge nearest you.
- Place 1/4 of the cucumbers on top of the noodles.
- Add whole basil and mint leaves on top of cucumbers to your taste.
- Fold the sides of the wrapper in. Starting from the edge nearest you, fold the wrapper over the filling and begin to roll.
- Place roll on a plate, seam side down, and cover with a damp towel.
- Repeat with remaining three wrappers.
- To serve, cut each roll diagonally in the middle. Place on a plate with a small bowl. Add soy sauce, rice vinegar and chili paste, to taste, and dip spring roll into it.