620 kj Energy
6g Fat Total
1g Saturated Fat
4.5g Carbs (total)
Cucumber and chilli squid salad with passionfruit dressingPrint Recipe
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways
- 80g bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2/3 cup fresh mint leaves (large leaves torn)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 4 (about 400g) cleaned squid tubes, cut into 5mm-thick rings
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fresh passionfruit pulp
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated palm sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
To make the passionfruit dressing, place the passionfruit pulp, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and ginger in small bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves.
Run the tip of a metal teaspoon along the centre of the cucumber to remove seeds. Discard seeds. Thinly slice the cucumber diagonally. Combine cucumber, bean sprouts, coriander and mint in a large bowl.
Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add half the garlic and half the chilli, and stir-fry for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add half the squid and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until the squid is just cooked through. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Repeat with the remaining oil, garlic, chilli and squid.
Add three-quarters of the dressing to the squid mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Divide the cucumber mixture among serving plates and top with the squid mixture. Drizzle over the remaining dressing to serve.
You will need about 4 passionfruit for this recipe. Passionfruit: A good source of fibre, niacin and vitamin C, passionfruit infuses this Asian-inspired dish with mouth-watering flavours.
Author: Gemma Purcell
Image credit: Rob Palmer
Publication: Australian Good Taste