- 4 flour tortillas
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
- 125g can corn kernels, drained
- 2 x 400g cans red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 large avocado, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small iceberg lettuce, leaves torn
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Grease 2 baking trays. Place tortillas on trays. Spray with oil. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool. Break into large pieces.
- Step 2Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice and tomato in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Crush tomatoes gently with a fork. Stand for 15 minutes. Strain over a bowl. Whisk chilli powder into the liquid to make a dressing.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add corn. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until browned.
- Step 4Place beans, onion, coriander, avocado, lettuce, tomato mixture, corn and tortilla pieces in a bowl. Add dressing. Toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Guy Bailey
- Publication: Super Food Ideas