- 3 1/2 cups cornflakes
- 2 teaspoons Masterfoods Paprika Ground
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 8 large chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- olive oil cooking spray
- steamed vegetables, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Using your hands, gently crush cornflakes over a large bowl. Add paprika, lemon pepper and garlic salt. Stir until well combined.
- Step 2Place flour and buttermilk in separate shallow dishes. Dip drumsticks, 1 at a time, in flour to coat, shaking off excess. Dip in buttermilk and turn to coat.
- Step 3While drumsticks are still moist (this ensures crumbs cling), coat in cornflakes mixture, pressing on with fingertips.
- Step 4Place on prepared tray. Spray drumsticks with oil. Roast for 40 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve with steamed vegetables.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas