- 200g dried mini penne pasta
- 8 (600g) lamb cutlets, trimmed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 x 120g packet roasted garlic & herb coating mix (we used McCormick brand)
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 125g can corn kernels, drained
- 1/4 cup French dressing
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, using a meat mallet, flatten lamb cutlets until 1cm thick. Brush cutlets with 1 tablespoon oil. Press coating mix over cutlets.
- Step 3Heat a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. Cook lamb, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 4Add tomato, cucumber, celery, corn and dressing to pasta. Toss to combine. Serve cutlets with pasta salad.
- Low carb
Budget tip: Use 600g chicken breast schnitzels instead of lamb and save around $4 in total.
- Author: Jenny Fanshaw
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas