- 4 (200g each) salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt flakes
- Steamed chat potatoes, to serve
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Place salmon, skin side up, on a plate. Drizzle with oil. Rub salt into skin.
- Step 2Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add salmon, skin side down. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until skin is crisp. Turn. Cook, covered for 4 to 5 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Step 3Serve with potatoes and salad leaves.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Chef’s tips: Crispy skin: Oil the fish, not the pan, to give the fish an even, crisp skin. If the pan is not hot enough the fish will stew and the skin won’t get crisp. To test, splash a drop of water in pan – if it immediately sizzles the pan is hot enough.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas