- 6 chicken thigh fillets (skin on)
- 2 tbs sunflower oil
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 2 tbs yellow or red Thai curry paste
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tbs peanut butter
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 125g vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced into ribbons (a mandoline is ideal)
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs lime juice
- Thai basil leaves or regular basil leaves, to serve
- 1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Step 2Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat. Drizzle chicken with oil and sprinkle with curry powder, then cook, skin-side down, for 2 minutes or until skin is crisp. Transfer chicken, skin-side up, to a baking tray, then bake for 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Step 3Meanwhile, return the frypan to the heat. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add coconut milk, stock, peanut butter and sugar. Stir to combine, then simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Step 4Meanwhile, soak noodles in a bowl of boiling water until soft, then drain and refresh under cold running water. Divide among 4 serving bowls.
- Step 5Thickly slice chicken and divide among bowls with the cucumber. Stir fish sauce and lime juice into the satay sauce, then drizzle over the chicken. Serve scattered with basil leaves and sesame seeds.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little & Warren Mendes
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste.com.au