In less than 20 minutes, you can have this great-tasting pasta on the table, ready for the hungry troops to enjoy.
- 500g penne rigate
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 350g thinly sliced mild salami, cut into thin strips
- 250g yellow grape tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 100g smoked cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Step 1Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add salami. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp. Add tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes, shaking pan, or until heated through.
- Step 3Drain pasta. Return to saucepan over low heat. Add salami mixture, cheese and parsley. Toss until well combined. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas
Leave a Reply