Author Notes: I first had a version of these several years ago at a bar in Brooklyn. They are great because 1) they taste fried, but are baked! 2) can be customized with any spice mix, 3) take two minutes of prep time. I opted to make a version with a slight kick to it. I eat them while they are still warm (that’s mainly because I never seem to have leftovers!), but I bet they would be good at room temperature too. —kechin
teaspoons olive oil
teaspoon paprika (i used harissa powder i had on hand)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain chickpeas, rinse, and pat dry.
- In a bowl, mix spices and olive oil together.
- Add chickpeas to bowl and stir to coat chickpeas with spice and oil mix.
- Lay flat on a baking sheet (I put aluminum foil on the baking sheet for easy cleanup), and bake for 45 minutes, making sure to give the pan a shake 1/2 way through so that the chickpeas can crisp up evenly. Enjoy!
1 of 5
2 of 5
3 of 5
4 of 5
5 of 5