Author Notes: Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of these little buns! They have a crispy top, soft center, and irresistibly crunchy bottom! —@weekendbreakfast
cup Bread Flour (Don’t substitute with All Purpose flour)
cup Original Flavoured Tofu Dessert (Sweetened)
teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, stir flour and baking powder together.
- In a mixer, blend/puree tofu. Add tofu to the flour mixture and combine well.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, knead the dough. (Dough tends to be very sticky, clean and dry hands after)
- Using a tablespoon, scoop a spoonful of dough onto a flour-dusted surface. Sift a bit of flour on top. Shape dough between your palms to form a ball. Repeat step to make a total of 6 buns.
- Fill a small bowl with cold water. Quickly dip each of the buns in. Arrange onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes on middle rack. Best served immediately (when tops are crispy and bottoms are crunchy). These buns freeze well, reheat/toast in a warm oven to regain crispiness.