- 800g cream delight potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 3/4 cup milk, warmed
- 4 (500g total) chicken breast minute steaks (see notes)
- 2 slices prosciutto, halved crossways
- 100g baby spinach
- 60g brie, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1 1/4 cups dried panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Step 1Place potato in a medium saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil. Cook for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return potato to pan. Place pan over low heat. Toss for 1 minute or until excess liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat. Using a potato masher, roughly mash potato. Add warm milk. Mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place steaks between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Using a rolling pin, flatten each steak until 1cm thick. Top steaks with prosciutto, spinach and brie. Season with pepper. Fold over to enclose filling.
- Step 3Place flour on a large plate. Place breadcrumbs on another large plate. Whisk egg in a shallow dish. Lightly coat chicken in flour, brushing off excess. Dip in egg, then breadcrumbs, pressing with fingertips to secure.
- Step 4Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat until hot. Reduce heat to medium. Cook chicken for 6 minutes each side or until cooked through and golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Serve chicken with mashed potato and green beans.
Note: if you are preparing two serves of Crispy chicken and two serves of Chicken cordon bleu (see related recipe), then you will need to divide the recipe ingredient amounts by two.
- Author: Lucy Nunes
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas