- 3 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 500g chicken tenderloins, tendons removed
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 150g mixed salad leaves
- lemon wedges, to serve
Herbed yoghurt dressing
- 1/2 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven and a baking tray to 200°C. Place bread in a food processor. Process to crumbs. Add parmesan. Process to combine. Transfer to a plate. Place egg and milk in a shallow bowl. Season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Step 2Slice chicken in half diagonally. Dip, 1 piece at a time, into egg and breadcrumbs, pressing crumbs on with your fingers to secure. Spray both sides chicken with oil. Place on hot tray. Bake, turning once, for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Step 3Make herbed yoghurt dressing: Place yoghurt, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, garlic, chives and parsley in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Step 4Divide chicken between plates. Spoon over dressing. Serve with salad leaves and lemon wedges.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Meredith
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas