Twirl your fork around slippery spaghetti to capture bursts of sweet corn and fresh herbs. The genius of this dish? While the pasta boils, one pan creates a sumptuous sauce.
2320 kj Energy
16g Fat Total
6.5g Saturated Fat
84g Carbs (total)
All nutrition values are per serve
Creamy vegie pastaPrint Recipe
- 375g spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh corncobs, kernels removed
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 125ml (1/2 cup) boiling water
- 1/2 Massel vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 250ml ctn Philadelphia Light Cream for Cooking
- Chopped fresh chives, to serve
- Step 1Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain and return to pan.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Stir in the leek for 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in the zucchini, corn kernels, marjoram and garlic for 3 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Step 3Combine the water and stock cube in a large heatproof jug. Stir in the cream. Pour into the corn mixture. Bring to the boil. Stir for 1-2 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Pour over spaghetti. Toss to combine. Divide among bowls. Top with the chives.
- Author: Sonja Bernyk
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste
Leave a Reply