- 375g fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20g butter
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 500g butternut pumpkin, cut into 12cm-long ribbons (see tip)
- 300ml pure cream
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan (or vegetarian hard cheese)
- 60g baby spinach
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and walnuts. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add pumpkin. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Add cream and parmesan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and pasta to pumpkin mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
Tip: Use a vegetable peeler to cut pumpkin into ribbons.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas