- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 1/2 x 500g packets potato gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups light cooking thickened cream
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Step 1Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook prosciutto for 1 minute each side or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Break each slice into 3 to 4cm pieces.
- Step 2Cook gnocchi in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Add leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek has softened. Add cream and parmesan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until cheese has melted. Season with salt and pepper. Add gnocchi. Toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with prosciutto and shaved parmesan.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
Variation: Replace the gnocchi with a 630g packet of fresh ricotta and roast vegetable tortellini.
Serves 6 as part of a banquet.
Add 1 tablespoon basil or sun-dried tomato pesto to sauce mixture for a flavour hit.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas