- 250g noodles
- 185ml (3/4 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 200g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 185ml (3/4 cup) extra light thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh continental parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions. Drain and return to the pan.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place the chicken stock and mushroom in a large non-stick frying pan and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minutes or until mushroom is tender. Add the cream and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 minutes or until reduced by one-third.
- Step 3Add the noodles and parsley to the sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes or until well combined and heated through. Taste and season with pepper.
- Step 4Divide noodles among serving bowls. Top with the paprika chicken (see notes) and serve immediately.
- High carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
We served these noodles with paprika chicken.
- Author: Jane Charlton
- Image credit: Luke Burgess
- Publication: Australian Good Taste