- 350g fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 400g Swiss brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 300ml light thickened cream
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, stirring, for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Step 3Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cream, lemon rind and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Add pasta. Cook, tossing, for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve.
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
To serve: Shaved parmesan cheese.
Budget tip: Use 400g cup mushrooms instead of Swiss brown and save around $3.18 in total.
- Author: Jenny Fanshaw
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas