- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 4 rashers rindless shortcut bacon rashers, roughly chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat thickened cooking cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Step 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, turning, for 5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 2Heat remaining oil in pan. Add bacon and onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion has softened and bacon is golden. Add garlic and mushroom. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mushroom has browned.
- Step 3Return chicken to pan. Add stock. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, turning chicken occasionally, for 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat. Stir in cream and chives. Serve with mashed potato and green beans.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas