- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 (300g) ham steaks, cut into 1cm cubes
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 x 375ml cans light evaporated milk
- 500g potato gnocchi
- 50g baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated light mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Lightly grease a 6cm-deep, 19cm x 27cm (base) baking dish.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and ham. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion has softened. Add mushrooms. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add flour and mustard. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium. Add milk. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer.
- Step 3Place gnocchi and spinach in prepared dish. Add milk mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Combine cheese and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Sprinkle over mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Penny Clay
- Publication: Super Food Ideas