- 1 tablespoon extra-light olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500g lean beef strips
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced diagonally
- 3 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 250g flat mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 500g sebago potatoes (mashed with 1/4 cup low-fat milk), to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft. Add beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Step 2Reduce heat to low. Add carrots and worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and zucchini. Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through. Stir in sour cream.
- Step 3Blend cornflour and 2 tablespoons cold water. Add cornflour mixture to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Step 4Stir in parsley. Serve with mash.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Veronica Cuskelly
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas