- 375g linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 5 middle bacon rashers, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup light thickened cooking cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden. Add crushed garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Step 3Whisk eggs, yolks, cream and parmesan together in a jug. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Add pasta to bacon mixture in pan. Toss well to combine. Add egg mixture. Cook, tossing over low heat, for 1 minute or until pasta is covered in a creamy, thickened sauce (the eggs thicken the sauce). Add 1/2 the parsley. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with shaved parmesan and remaining parsley. Serve with crusty bread.
We used linguine pasta, but you could use any long pasta, such as spaghetti or fettuccine.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Guy Bailey
- Publication: Super Food Ideas