- 375g dried pappardelle pasta
- 400g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 bunch fresh chives, chopped
- 180g (2/3 cup) extra light sour cream
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup baby spinach, shredded
- Step 1Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain. Return to pan.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil. Cook chicken, in 2 batches, stirring, for 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 3Spray the pan with oil. Cook the mushroom and garlic, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the stock. Bring to the boil. Stir for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in the chicken and chives for 1 minute. Add the chicken mixture and sour cream to the pasta. Toss to combine.
- Step 4Combine the tomato and spinach in a bowl. Serve with the pasta.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
For a meat-free twist, double the mushrooms and omit chicken. Toss spinach with pasta mixture until wilted. Top with roasted cherry tomatoes.
- Author: Sonja Bernyk
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste