- 1 barbecued chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded
- 420g can cream of chicken soup
- 310g can corn kernels, drained
- 250ml Philadelphia Cream for Cooking
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 sheet (25 x 25cm) frozen shortcrust pastry, just thawed
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine the chicken, soup, corn, cream, baby spinach and mustard in a 1L (4-cup) capacity ovenproof dish.
- Step 2Brush the edges of the dish with some of the egg. Place the pastry on top of the dish. Trim off any excess. Use a fork to seal the edges. Brush the pastry with the remaining egg. Sprinkle with the poppy seeds and sesame seeds.
- Step 3Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the pie is cooked through.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kathy Knudsen
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Australian Good Taste